Friday, October 10, 2008

»» Koda Kumi - TABOO

Tracklist:
01. TABOO
02. Always
03. TABOO -HOUSE NATION Sunset In Ibiza Remix-
04. TABOO (Instrumental)
05. Always (Instrumental)

This single was released on October 8th, 2008.

TABOO, the first track, is a club-oriented song, and it is said to be about homosexuality. The song is very catchy, and Koda sounds very good in it, which is remarkably unexpected for me, since I don't really like her voice. The beat is sick, and the chorus is very catchy. It's been stuck in my head for quite some time now, and I've been giving it lots of spins.

Always is the second track. It's a midtempo song, very sweet and mellow. Since I can't speak japanese and don't have enough interest in the song to go out and find out, I have no idea what it's about. Though it's a very nice song, it's quite forgettable. Not bad, I just don't remember what it sounded like once a new song starts.

Everyone seems to love the third track, TABOO -HOUSE NATION Sunset In Ibiza Remix-. I don't think it's that good. But it's a solid remix, probably going to be played heavily in Japanese clubs. Just doesn't work very well for me.

Overall score: 9/10

Labels:

by Sairo!