Saturday, September 19, 2009

»» Morning Musume breaks the news

Hello y'all! Long time no see! Nothing noteworthy happened, so I decided to not post for a while. There was also a lot of work to do at the university, so... But now, please read my thoughts on the last MM news.


First of all, here's the setlist of the new tour:

Morning Musume Concert Tour 2009 ~Nine Smile~ Setlist
Countdown VTR
01. 3,2,1 BREAKIN’OUT
02. How Do You Like Japan? ~Nippon wa Donna Kanji Dekka?~
Member’s Introduction VTR
03. Kimagure Princess
MC 1
04. Nanchatte Renai
05. Genki+
06. Ame no Furanai Hoshi de wa Aisenai Darou? (Chinese Version) All Members
07. Sukiyaki (Niigaki Risa and Kusumi Koharu)
MC 2 (Niigaki Risa, Kamei Eri, Junjun and Linlin)
08. Haru Beautiful Everyday (Kamei Eri and Mitsui Aika)
09. Kioku no Miero (Takahashi Ai and Tanaka Reina)
10. Aruiteru (Michishige Sayumi → Morning Musume joins in halfway)
11. Aki Urara
12. Shouganai Yume Oibito
MC 3 (Michishige Sayumi and Tanaka Reina)
13. Sakura Mankai (Takahashi Ai, Niigaki Risa, Kamei Eri, Mitsui Aika and Linlin)
14. Yuujou ~Kokoro no Busu ni Naranee!~ (Michishige Sayumi, Tanaka Reina, Kusumi Koharu and Junjun)
15. Dekkai Uchuu ni Ai ga Aru
MC 4
(Start of Coupling/with medley)
16. Bonkyu Bonkyu BOMB Girl
17. Please! Jiyuu no Tobira
18. Handmade CITY
19. Odore! Morning Curry
(Coupling/with medley ended with Bonkyu! Bonkyu! BOMB Girl again)
MC 5
20. Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari (Full version, Junjun → Linlin → Mitsui Aika → Kusumi Koharu → Michishige Sayumi → Kamei Eri → Tanaka Reina → Niigaki Risa → Takahashi Ai)
21. Naichau Kamo
22. Roman ~MY DEAR BOY~
23. Resonant Blue

ENCORE
24. SONGS
25. Love Machine
MC 6

Now if someone doesn't think this is awesome, I don't know what they will. They're going to sing many of my favorite songs, so I think this is going to be an awesome concert. Haru Beautiful Everyday is probably on my Top 10 MM songs, and I also like Genki+ a lot. We're finally getting a 8th Gen version of Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari, they're singing all of the most recent singles (I kinda wish they sang Mikan, though), there's a fabulous High-King song (I kinda wish they sang other songs by other artists, like The Bikagu in the last tour), Sayu gets a solo, they sing two of the Gumi songs (and I like the way they split the group)... The stars kind of aligned for this tour. But wait... there are some bad things too... There's no JunLin song this time, the c/ws they chose for the c/w medley aren't exactly the best ones they've got (where the fuck is Yowamushi? Jun Lover? Chotto Ikashita PURE BOY? Koi wa Hassou DO THE HUSTLE, anyone?) and they don't sing many old classics, just LOVE Machine. It's still going to be an amazing concert. However, the biggest news about this tour came this morning when I, as usual, got up and went straight to my laptop, check what people at wotachat were on to. And the first thing I read was unsettling.

[10:07] <~maiZe> i'm in shock... but i can't wait for this graduation concert
[10:07] <~maiZe> not because I'm dying for koha to leave



Koharu is graduating from Morning Musume to pursue a career as a model. You'd think I would be happy to read this, and so would I if someone asked me yesterday. But I was not and am not happy about this at all. My Morning Musume fandom started very late. I've been listening to asian music since 2003, but wasn't in love with Morning Musume until the release of Resonand Blue, which is what pushed me down the H!P road. Before that, I knew some of their songs, like Iroppoi Jirettai, Renai Revolution 21, Do it! Now... but didn't take them seriously at all. But then came Resonant Blue and it blew me away. I became so addicted to Morning Musume that they even pushed AAA to No.2 in my list of favourite musical acts, taking the top spot by surprise. I have gone on to buy 21 of their singles, something I have never done for any other musical act, not even BoA.

From the release of Resonant Blue, I continued to follow Morning Musume, and to fall even deeper in love with them. And I became very fond of the current line-up. I must admit that at first Koharu was one of my favourite members, but that was only until I heard her sing by herself. I was shocked at how awful she sounded and began to hate her. However, for some reason, I started to download and watch Kirarin Revolution, the anime series whose theme character she voiced. I slowly began to understand why she was so popular and so important to Morning Musume. And I just wouldn't stop loving the group more and more.

I have read many people saying that this line-up is the worst Morning Musume has ever had. I may be biased, since it's kind of the only line-up I ever really knew, but I think it's the best line-up ever. I like each and every member, and think they have grown a lot as a group, and have great chemistry on stage. And that line-up is going to come to an end with Koharu's graduation. Just as I was starting to like her a lot, with the good vocals on Nanchatte Renai and all. She was lively and full of energy, and their concerts and videos surely won't be the same without her. I'm very, very sad, and will miss Koharu very much.

Credits: Hello!SayuNii

Labels:

by Sairo!