Wednesday, August 12, 2009

»» Morning Musume - Nanchatte Renai

01 Nanchatte Renai
02 Aki Urara [Regular Edition]
02 Subete wa Ai no Chikara [40th Anniversary Edition]
03 Nanchatte Renai (Instrumental)

And here it is, the 40th Morning Musume single. This time we get 4 different versions, and 2 different b-sides. I've already expressed my feelings towards Nanchatte Renai: it's absolutely awesome. Aside from the fact that Aika, JunJun and LinLin have close to no lines, it's a great song, nearly everyone gets some attention, some screen time on the video and all... It's a great a-side, and even though everyone seems to think it sounds a bit too much like Shouganai Yume Oibito, I don't agree. And even if it it did sound similar, I don't think that would be a bad thing, since Shouganai Yume Oibito is a terribly awesome and was a #1 single. Another thing I should mention is Koharu. I never thought I'd say this, but her vocals sounds good in it. There, I said it. Koharu sounded good during her solo lines. Hell can now freeze over.

Aki Urara, the b-side included in all versions but the commemorative one, is quite a treat. I like how the beginning sounds kind of sounds like it's going to rock, but then it doesn't. The song reminds me a bit of old-time MM, especially during JunJun's and LinLin's lines, and it also reminds me of Yowamushi, which is probably my favourite MM b-side ever. The chorus is very catchy and everyone sounds very good in it. Sayu really surprised me by sounding particularly awesome. But you really can't expect anything but awesomeness from Sayu, ne?

Subete wa Ai no Chikara is really up-beat, and is going to be an awesome concert song. For some unknown reason, I can't understand why JunJun and LinLin are the first ones to have solo lines in this song. They never have solo lines on a-sides, it makes me think it's physically painful for Tsunku to give them lines, so when they get any, I kinda feel overwhelmed. Hell, they are give so little lines that I still wonder 'is this JunJun? or is it LinLin?' when I hear them in a song. Anyway... the rest of the song is really b-sideish, but not bad or mediocre in any way. If it wasn't for Aki Urara being so fucking awesome, I would be totally loving this.

Labels:

by Sairo!