Saturday, October 25, 2008

»» Shoko Nakagawa - Kirei A La Mode

Tracklist:
01. Kirei A La Mode
02. Kamitsure
03. Yakusoku
04. Kirei A La Mode -Instrumental-

This single was released on October 22nd, 2008.

The first Shoko Nakagawa song I ever heard was Tsuzuku Sekai, her previous single. I totally hated it. I have a friend who really loves it, but I didn't even play it again to see if I'd eventually like it. And I got rid of the files. I didn't delete them, of course, 'cause I never do, they're in my other computer. Well, then why did I download Kirei A La Mode? I have absolutely no idea. But I'm glad I did, that's for sure. The song is absolutely awesome. It's so sweet, so heartfelt, so pretty, and the vocals sound awesome too! This is probably the start of something new for me and Shoko xD It reminds me a little bit of Leah Dizon's album track 'Thank You', but then it changes and becomes something different, like the ending theme of some anime or dorama about love or friendship. The chorus is almost too pretty, with the endearing melody. I'm totally in love with this song!

Kamitsure is another good song. It's a little bit more upbeat, but sweet upbeat, not club upbeat. The melody is also very cute, but it's not as good as Kirei A La Mode (maybe that's why it's the b-side, not the a-side). The vocals sound a bit off at certain times, but they're good overall. It's totally worth a listen, but I don't think I'll spin it too many times.

There are a million songs called Yakusoku. Off the top of my mind I can think of two recording artists who have promised (Yakusoku means promise) in songs: Tohoshinki and Tamaki Hiroshi. Where's Tamaki Hiroshi, anyway? The guy has not been around for quite some time. Anyway, on to Shoko's Yakusoku: it's also a sweet song. It gives me kind of a Christmas feeling, too bad it's not December yet. I think I hear some kind of a sample from a song I heard in that SNES game called Mickey & Donald 3 (though I've never heard of the other two). It's a very decent song, just not very outstanding at all.

Overall score: 9/10. Very entertaining :)

Labels:

by Sairo!