Friday, November 13, 2009

»» Ikimonogakari - Nakumonka

01 Nakumonka
02 Orion
03 Nakumonka (Instrumental)

So Ikimonogakari has a new single out. Does anyone even remember the two previous singles? Well, I don't. I'm exaggerating, of course, I know it's Hotaru no Hikari and YELL/Joyful. My point is: Ikimonogakari is getting boring. They were doing fine 'til they released their third album not even a year after the second one. When something like that happens, I usually smell something bad: a label who's rushing releases. Don't get me wrong, I still love Kiyoe's voice and their overall sound, but right now their music just doesn't feel the same. The melodies are still pretty, the instrumental tracks are still absolutely awesome, but the feeling in the whole thing is kind of gone. Listen to Kaeritakunatta yo. Now listen to Koisuru Otome. That's feeling. Ok, now listen to Nakumonka or Orion. There's nothing there. Tecnically, Kiyoe has never sounded better, but the soul is gone. And it's killing me to be writing these words, 'cause Ikimonogakari is one of my favourite bands, and I have been following them since the release of Natsuzora Grafitti/Seishun Line, and that's a lot of time. I watched them get popular, and now I'm watching them go to the crapper. I just hope they make it out of it.

Labels:

by Sairo!