Saturday, December 27, 2008

»» GIRL NEXT DOOR - GIRL NEXT DOOR

Tracklist:
01. Winter Game
02. Drive away
03. Power of love
04. Shiawase no Jouken (幸福の条件)
05. WINTER MIRAGE
06. Jounetsu no Daishou (情熱の代償)
07. Fine after rain
08. Breath
09. Day's...
10. ESCAPE (Album Edit)
11. Winter Garden
12. Climber's high
13. NEXT DOOR
14. Guuzen no Kakuritsu (偶然の確率) (Album Edit)

This album was released on December 24th, 2008.
I've been trying to review albums for some time now. For some reason, I haven't been able to finish reviewing any album. I just get really tired by the middle of it. So this is how it's going to work: I won't review every song on the album individually, I'll review the whole thing, and point out a few songs.

Anyway... these last months, GIRL NEXT DOOR has been everywhere. Every blog, every forum, lots of people just love this band. I had never tried any of their singles, but when the album came out, I thought 'Why not?'. Let's see...

Their debut self-titled album is solid. It's a good album. Winter Game is very catchy, very good song, and a PV was made for it in order to promote the album. However, the whole thing sounds very manufactured. Some of the songs are really generic, and I include the single Drive away in that group. Most of the songs are really, really enjoyable, but the whole thing kind of falls flat.

Shoul listen:
01. Winter Game
05. WINTER MIRAGE
07. Fine after rain
14. Guuzen no Kakuritsu

Overall score: 8/10

Labels:

by Sairo!