Friday, October 31, 2008

»» Kobukuro - Toki no Ashioto

Tracklist:
01. Toki ni Ashioto
02. Akai Ito
03. Betelgeuse
04. Toki ni Ashioto (Instrumental)
05. Akai Ito (Instrumental)
06. Betelgeuse (Instrumental)

This single was released on October 29th, 2008.

Though I knew who they were, I never had any interest in Kobukuro. But then I saw that Temi really recommended a song that is in this single, so I decided to give them a try.

Toki ni Ashioto, the title track, is very nice. It sounds very peaceful, and their vocals are surprisingly polished. Their voices blend perfectly, that's not easy to do. The melody is also very pretty, but after all, it's not really a song that stands out strongly, though I might listen to it a few more times.

Akai Ito is the song Temi recommended. It also sounds very nice and peaceful, and the vocals are also well blended. I guess that's Kobukuro's style. The melody is a bit common, I feel like I've heard this somewhere else, though I probably have not. It's a very nice song, but I really don't see what makes it stand out so much for Temi. Maybe is I listen to it again I'll see.

I smiled for several minutes when I read the third track's title: Betelgeuse. Betelgeuse is the planet where one of the characters of my favorite book came from: Ford Prefect, from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Ok, he is not exactly from Betelgeuse, he is from a small planet in the vicinity of Betelgeuse, but still. The song itself is a bit different from the two others: it's a little bit more upbeat, and the melody sounds a bit rockish. It has a very cool bridge too. The chorus is a bit repetitive, but it's nice too. It's a very solid song, but Toki ni Ashioto is a bit better than it.

Overall score: 9/10. Glad I decided to give them a listen :)

Labels:

by Sairo!