Tuesday, November 4, 2008

»» Berryz Koubou - MADAYADE

Tracklist:
01. MADAYADE
02. Furare Pattern
03. MADAYADE (Instrumental)

This single was (?) released on November 5th, 2008.

First of all, I'd like to say that I don't think it's fair that Miyabi Natsuyaki is still in Berryz Koubou. She was caught dating a kid from Hey! Say! JUMP a few months ago, and Mari Yaguchi and Miki Fujimoto were thrown out of Morning Musume for pretty much the same thing. And then there was also Ai Kago, we all know how she ended after the stupid scandal. Why were things different with Miyabi? Yeah, it's a stupid rule, but let's at least be impartial.

Anyway... when I first saw the video they did for MADAYADE, I was quite pleased. The video is pretty different of other H!P videos (holy shit, have you seen Pepper Keibu?), it has kind of a story and everything else. And the song is also very good. I'm not sure, but I think it's a cover. Risako sounds pretty good in it (which is not something you expect), Momoko doesn't sound like a 3-year-old child, and Miyabi gets very little lines. And the best: everyone gets a line. I just love it when all girls in a H!P group get a line in a song. When was the last time that happened in Morning Musume, for example? Morning Coffee?

Furare Pattern was a surprise. I really didn't see this coming. H!P's b-side songs are always crappy. And I do mean always. But Furare Pattern certainly broke the spell, the song is soooo cool! The chorus is playful (though is reminds me of some other song, I can't figure out which song that is), the melody is fun, and the vocals are as good as vocals go in H!P. Not better than MADAYADE, but 300% more enjoyable than virtually all other H!P b-sides.

Overall score: 9/10

Labels:

by Sairo!